State Jail Diligent Participation Credit
House Bill 2649
Web-Based Process Instructions
All sentencing courts will receive U.S. mail containing the courts initial user ID and password. Then the following steps should be followed:
- Sentencing courts will receive an email notification advising that there are offenders needing to be reviewed.
- Go to the TDCJ web site (www.tdcj.texas.gov). Click "State Jail Diligent Participation" from the "Online Services" tab. Once this link is clicked, you will be directed to a login page requesting a user ID and password.
- Type in user ID and password provided by the TDCJ. Upon first login, user will be required to change password. The TDCJ requires user passwords be at least eight alpha and numeric characters and contain upper and lower case. As a good security practice users will be required to change their password every 60 days.
- Once the user has successfully logged into the application, the user will be directed to a list of offenders sentenced by the currently logged in court. Click "State Jail Diligent Participation" to be directed to a list of offenders sentenced by the currently logged in court.
- Click any offender name to see the individual progress report. On this progress report please find the offender’s personal information such as name, date of birth, offense, sentence begin date, and current discharge date. Of particular interest will be "Number of Days Ineligible to Receive Diligent Participation Credit", and "Number of Days the Offender Diligently Participated".
- The court will enter the number of days to be credited to that particular offender, which may be any number between 0 (zero) and the total number of days allowed.
- Once the court enters days to be credited, click "Submit". After clicking Submit, a new Submission Confirmation window will pop up. Confirm your credits by clicking OK.
- The system will recalculate the offender's discharge date and notify the offender and appropriate State Jail staff.