Interactive Ethics Training
Code of Ethics
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Code of Ethical Conduct
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice Code of Ethical Conduct is a
fundamental element of the Agency's mission of providing public
safety, promoting positive offender change and reintegration into the
society, and assisting victims of crime.
As a reflection of our mission statement, the Code of Ethical Conduct serves
as a practical guide for all employees. This code embodies a fundamental
respect for the constitutional rights of all people. It is the responsibility
of each employee to adhere to the Agency's Code of Ethical Conduct.
Return to previous page for more options or to end
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity and impartiality.
- Uphold all federal, state and local laws, and adhere to the agency's policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Be firm, fair and consistent in the performance of my duties, without retribution, retaliation, harassment or abuse toward others.
- Provide and support the provision of humane custody, supervision and care of offenders.
- Not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, geographic location or economic status.
- Not sexually harass or condone sexual harassment against any person, and shall report any violations of this policy to the appropriate authorities.
- Maintain confidentiality of information that has been entrusted to me, in my official capacity, unless legally compelled or authorized to release the information.
- Not use my official position for unauthorized personal gain or the unauthorized personal gain of my friends or family.
- Not conduct myself in any manner which may lead any person or entity to expect official favors.
- Recognize that the Code of Ethical Conduct is a symbol of the agency's commitment to the public and a direct reflection on the employee as an individual.