American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
(ARRA or Recovery Act)
Aftercare Community Treatment (ACT):
The U.S. Department of Justice — Office of Justice Programs has approved TDCJ’s application for funding under the FY09 Recovery Act “Combating Criminal Narcotics Activity Stemming from the Southern Border of the United States: Combating Criminal Narcotics Activity along the Southern Border” in the amount of $4,946,732.
- Project Purpose: The Texas Department of Criminal Justice -
Community Justice Assistance
Division (TDCJ-CJAD) will use these grant funds to reduce and prevent criminal narcotics
activity through the use of aftercare programs for probationers who have successfully
completed residential substance abuse treatment programs along the southern border.
- CFDA# 16.809
- Federal Award: $4,946,732
- Project Period: 7/01/09 to 5/31/12
- Site Locations: Counties primarily along the southern border
and/or on major highways that traffic from the border to major urban areas
Reports on ARRA ACT Grant Administered by TDCJ:
- 2012, 3rd Quarter
- 2012, 2nd Quarter
- 2012, 1st Quarter
- 2011, 4th Quarter
- 2011, 3rd Quarter
- 2011, 2nd Quarter
- 2011, 1st Quarter
- 2010, 4th Quarter
- 2010, 3rd Quarter
- 2010, 2nd Quarter
- 2010, 1st Quarter
- 2009, 4th Quarter
- 2009, 3rd Quarter
TDCJ Security Equipment:
The Office of the Governor has approved TDCJ's application for funding under the FY 2009 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant program in the amount of $1,256,495.
- Project Purpose: The Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Correctional Institutions Division and the Office of the Inspector General will use these grant funds to purchase equipment for additional security enhancements in order to further contraband interdiction efforts. The grant funding will strengthen TDCJ's investigative and security resources which will promote public safety and crime prevention. The additional equipment will enable TDCJ to provide a more safe and secure correctional environment.
- CFDA# 16.803
- Federal Award: $1,256,495
- Project Period: 5/1/10 to 8/31/11
- Site Locations: Equipment will be placed at state correctional facilities
Reports on ARRA Security Equipment Grant Administered by TDCJ:
As transparency and accountability are critical parts of the Recovery Act, we will continue to expand this web page to provide additional information as it becomes available.