Your mentee may have expectations of you,
mentoring, or life outside that are unrealistic.
- Now that I’m saved there are no problems. This will affect mentees
who are new to a religion.
- They deny they have any problems with fear, anger, or addiction.
- A married mentee may believe he can move in and take over immediately.
The spouse has been getting along without their presence for several
years and may not be ready to change.
- An unmarried mentee believes they can find a spouse and get married
quickly after release. The stress of life change and a new marriage
can harm them emotionally and physically.
- The mentee may be overconfident in their ability to do without the
guidance of the mentor.
- A mentee who is new to religion may believe they can win all their
- A mentee believes finding a job will be easy.
A mentee believes finding a job will be impossible.
Your job is to help them refine their expectations based on reality