It is incumbent upon you to know and follow TDCJ policy.
The following is a list of the most common policies that volunteers violate.
- Dress professionally - no logowear, no shorts, shoes
must have solid toes, no provocative clothing.
- Don’t give or accept anything from an offender
or his family without approval
- Don’t bring in or take out anything without
- Don’t place money in an offender’s trust fund
- Do not visit an offender in regular visitation -
Volunteers cannot visit offenders in unit visitation. The only exception
is when a prior relationship has been clearly established.
- Do not mail any items of correspondence for offenders
- Do not disparage the faith of any offender, or deliberately
seek to influence a change in any offender’s denomination.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any
doubt about TDCJ policy or Unit procedures.