Business and Finance Division
The mission of Business and Finance is to support the agency through sound fiscal management, provision of financial services and statistical information, purchasing and leasing services, agribusiness, land and mineral operations, maintaining a fiduciary responsibility over offender education and recreation funds, and ensuring fiscal responsibility through compliance with laws and court-mandated requirements. Business and Finance includes the following departments: Accounting and Business Services, Budget, Commissary and Trust Fund, Contracts and Procurement, Office of Space Management, Historically Underutilized Business Program, Payroll Processing, and Agribusiness, Land and Minerals.
The goals of the Business and Finance Division are:
- To provide centralized financial services to facilities and programs within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
- Acquire goods and services in support of agency needs.
- To provide accurate monthly salary payments with authorized deductions while ensuring compliance with state and federal laws.
- To plan, formulate, analyze, and monitor expenditures of the TDCJ by activity, function, and department through the provision of comprehensive budgeting, performance measure reporting and specialized research and statistical activities.
- Operate and administer the agency's inmate trust fund and commissary operations.
- To promote and increase contracting opportunities with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs); to provide those businesses and agency staff the assistance necessary for the success of this mission.
- To develop space template guidelines for long range space planning in state-owned buildings and manage administrative office and warehouse leases.
- To efficiently manage agricultural, land and mineral operations; and provide beneficial products, services, and offender rehabilitation opportunities, while enhancing security operations of the agency.
The Business and Finance Division is divided into the following Departments:
For More Information
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Business & Finance
P.O. Box 4015
Huntsville, TX 77342-4015