PAROLE COMMISSIONER RESPONSIBILITIES
Parole Commissioners assist the board with parole and revocation decisions. The 14 commissioners are appointed by the Chair.
Parole Commissioner Responsibilities
- Determine which inmates are to be released on parole or mandatory supervision.
- Determine conditions of parole.
- Modify and withdraw conditions of parole and mandatory supervision.
- Determine the continuation, modification, or revocation of parole or mandatory supervision violators.
- Issue subpoenas.
- Conduct inmate interviews.
- Conduct victim interviews.
- Conduct interviews with other interested parties, such as family members or attorneys.